Welcome to the Access and Privacy Office
The University of Saskatchewan is subject to The Local Authority Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and in some limited circumstances, The Health Information Protection Act. The university is required to provide access to information while also protecting the personal information in its possession or under its control.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, USask employees are now required to work remotely. Wherever you work, USask faculty and staff are required to safeguard university data and personal information.
For information on how to safely work remotely, please see https://updates.usask.ca/work-remotely/. Please:
- use university-managed laptops if you have one
- use university-provided software and avoid use of free or demo software
- avoid copying or storing university data on your personal, unmanaged computer or laptop or mobile devices
- people with personal computers and university desktops should use RDP (Remote Desktop)
- refrain from emailing documents that contain restricted data
- avoid use of USB drives to transport university data.
- use OneDrive
IT Support Services staff would be happy to consult with you on your specific work needs to ensure you’re well configured to securely work off campus. If you need any assistance in getting set up to work remotely, please visit itsupport.usask.ca to submit a ticket and one of our Support Specialists will be in touch.