If you know or suspect that a breach of privacy has occured, or are unsure but concerned, please contact the Access and Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breaches can take many forms. Some examples include:
- an office or car being broken into and a laptop with student, patient, or human research data being stolen;
- a staff or faculty member retiring and leaving files containing personal information in a box in the hallway for unsecure destruction;
- faxes or emails containing personal information being sent to the wrong recipient;
- a staff or faculty member inadvertendly sharing the wrong electronic file with students or colleagues which contains personal information not intended for the recipient;
- staff or faculty discussing an employee or student matter in public.